Sunday 27 January 2013

Unidentified Flying Objects

I have not spoken about this event since soon after it happened but it's on my mind a lot so I decided to share it. I know that people will think I’m being silly, hysterical, that I’m blogging about UFO alien invasions but I’m not. This happened almost two months ago so I’ve had plenty of time to think about it and I know what I saw. It was about 10 pm on Saturday 1st December 2012. Mr A and myself were getting a lift home from a charity quiz evening with friends. None of us had been drinking. We were just approaching our house when our friend, who was driving, said,

      “What on earth is that?” He slowed to a halt and peered up through the windscreen. Then we got out of the car, stood and gawped as three red objects moved across the sky. They were making no noise. There were no familiar aeroplane-style flashing lights, just a dull red light. They were aeroplane shaped but no wings were visible. As we stood and watched them, a fourth one appeared. They were all moving in the same direction from North to South high above our heads. They were not bobbing like a Chinese lantern might have done and at no time did we hear any engine sounds.

I have to admit that it seriously scared me. I have nightmares about drones zooming in to attack me and I spent a good part of the night with the light on. I rang my friends the next morning to see what they thought about it in the cold light of day. 

      “Chinese lanterns,” they said. “It had to be Chinese lanterns.”

Sorry to disagree but these were definitely not little paper lanterns with a candle burning inside. Neither, I suspect, were they alien invaders. Both Mr A and myself think that they have something to do with the military, some kind of testing, a new kind of drone flying with engines down and no flashing lights. Whatever they are, I can’t get them out of my mind.

Have you ever seen anything that has no logical explanation?